Sidor

lördag 18 oktober 2014

Winter is coming

I wonder what the Swedish army is looking for in the Stockholm archipelago. Well Sweden is one of the few countries in Europe that has not joined NATO, so we're pretty sure who has visited our waters uninvited....The world got just colder. 

After we decided not to throw a Halloween kids party, I was not sure if I would even have the time/strenght to decorate. But as the stores picked up things with lovely autumn feel I decorated a little bit. It actually didn't take long time. 
The game table is decorated in the mood of the Seventh Seal
The booklet under the glass dome is a biblical one with the title " The sin against the spirit".
 The bookshelf in the background is actually a curtain that I just had to get when I passed the shop window of Åhléns. It's perfect in my dark cosy livingroom.
I have spent most of my week in the sofa, watching the two Seasons of Hemlock Grove. Perfect to indulge some gore along with the recovery of a horrible flu that caught me in fever for five days. D-vitamins, bee-pollen, painkillers and warm tea id my arsenal of weapons.
The worst thing with this flu is that it has attacked my ability to think properly, it feels like when I was sick with depression and ptds. 
Another mini glassdome I recently bought. I know I'm a sucker for glass domes. The striped cloth is hiding a batch of applecider vinegar to be finished soon.
A few decorations at the kitchen shelf. The cone is a papercraft that was made the first autumn in this house.
We still harvest red paprikas from the three buckets I brought indoors before the frost.
Next week will be my last few days at the old job. What a relief and what an excitement (and huge performance anxiety) to start the new job. This will give me the opportunity to see if teaching really is something for me. 


33 kommentarer:

  1. Those are some pretty nice decorations you have.Good luck with the new job. I hope all goes well!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Vad fint du har dekorerat! Skäms lite för att jag inte har dekorerat alls...med tanke på att det är Samhain...får skärpa mig tills nästa år!
    Lyckat till med ditt nya jobb som du säkert kommer att fixa galant : )

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Då får du lägga krutet på julen... eller inte alls ;-) Inte behöver man egentligen. Jag hade inte tänkt att dekorera men det var ganska snabbt gjort att plocka fram några grejor. Barnen blev så nöjda.

      Radera
  3. Vad fina Halloween saker ni har! "Synden mot Anden" måste dock översättas "The Sin against the Spirit"

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Åh, tack! Tack även för hjälpen med korrekturen. Ibland blir jag lite väl snabb/bekväm när jag skriver. Jag lägger egentligen alldeles för lite tid på mina texter.

      Radera
  4. Vad fint du har gjort trots sjukdom. Kommer sakna dig på jobbet....och du kommer fixa det nya galant! Kramar

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tack Annica! Ja du är en av de som jag också kommer att sakna. Blir alltid glad när jag ser dig på jobbet <3

      Radera
  5. Those glass domes... where does everone get them from? (and what's their main purpose besides looking creepy-pretty :D) Aw, 'The seventh seal', I loved that movie. You caught well its mood!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Åhléns (a swedish interior and clothing chain), Ikea (at least they used to have them) The mini one came from a garden center. Oh many who likes shabby chic or french country style also likes these. You can put anything underneath that you want to display without getting it dusty. I store my baby shoes underneath one, a madonna, a pile of lace, a stuffed animal... anyting. Oh The seventh seal is kind of something we laugh about here in Sweden when we are joking about serious stuff, chess with the death, gallows humour and so on. But it is a good movie.

      Radera
  6. Det kommer gå bra ska du se. ;)
    Jag var hos läkaren & fick medicin för min ångest & i samband med det blev jag sjuk - halsont och hostar som en idiot. Så, I know the feeling!

    Älskar gardinerna!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Ja usch finns mycket baciller i luften på en vårdcentral :-S.

      Radera
  7. I love that curtain! ;)

    SvaraRadera
  8. I love the game table! I hope you enjoy Hemlock Grove as much as I did! I love that series! Destiny is my favourite character!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yeah, Destiny is a cool chick. My favourite is Shelley, don't know why but I think that is how I felt when I was in her age.

      Radera
  9. Oh and I hope your cold gets better soon!

    SvaraRadera
  10. Awwwww how many beautiful decorations!!! That gorgeous curtain tricked me! It matches the colour wall - and space - very well! Hope you are feeling better my dear. And good luck with your new start (job) everything will be great! :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. yes it tricks us as well it looks very real. The light from the window behind it gives the books the extra 3D effect needed.

      Radera
  11. Aw, feel better my beautiful friend. Sending you lots and lots of spooky hugs. MUAH!

    SvaraRadera
  12. I love the shot of your living room. So cozy.
    You are going to love your new job, I can tell;-)

    Hemlock Grove VS The Flu... hmmm:-D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I hope so. Bit nervous because I got the hardest subjects to teach.

      Radera
  13. Hey Linnea! Please, remember to send an email to me at castitatislilium.blogspot@gmail.com, so I can send the prize of your give away to you on time for Halloween. Have a nice day! :)

    SvaraRadera
  14. Oh I absolutely love your decor! Would definitely not be opposed to seeing more of it in the future. Very unique and interesting. Love the bookcase curtain!

    SvaraRadera
  15. Oh, you have so many gorgeous things around your home.

    The book-case curtain looks wonderful. :)

    SvaraRadera
  16. I like the glass domes as decoration. Very creepy but classy looking.

    SvaraRadera
  17. I love seeing all the bits and bobs you have in your house. Hope you get well soon. And good luck for the new job!

    SvaraRadera
  18. Aw I love the decorations!! I feel so bad I missed Halloween this year, but duty called! Good luck on your new job, I'm sure you'll do well! :)

    SvaraRadera