Sidor

onsdag 1 mars 2017

Winter vacation part 1

Schools are closing one week in february every year in Sweden, thankfully the teachers are also off work. Every weekend I take a stroll through my garden to do some snow shoveling, feeding the birds and checking animal tracks. The photo below shows my backyard. It looks empty besides a few trees but it's because the vegetable beds are covered with snow.

I wanted to show Alfons the mountains and go skiing with him and Oskar so yesterday, I drove for 3 hours to get to Sälen, wich are the closests alps here. It was an amazing and fun day with my boys. On the top of the mountain, the icy snow blasted our faces. It hurt but it had a wonderful taste and smell of the ocean. Some of my strongest memories are connected with a smell, so now I have another one.

I call this post part one, because we only have been from work a half week. This weekend will have some really great things happening so, to be continued..

7 kommentarer:

  1. Gorgeous! Next week, the schools are closed over here!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Härligt att få rå om dom lite :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. I was never a good skier ... I always ended up spending most of my time in the lodge drinking.

    Your back yard is huge! Have ou ordered your garden seeds yet? Ours just came this week. :)

    SvaraRadera
  4. Oj oj så mycket snö ni har därborta :D

    SvaraRadera
  5. Hope you're having a great break!

    SvaraRadera