Sidor

söndag 30 mars 2014

My trick for long nails and a nail polish review

After many years of rectangular nails, I filed them pointy and discovered that I could grow them longer. They are so long now that there is a problem typing this down. The problem with the rectangular nails was that they got a notch in the outer corner and then broke. Sometimes they broke under the nail line and that was painful. By filing the weak part down and making them pointy, the nail got stronger.
The tube I'm holding in the photo above is a product we are making at the factory were I work. It's a baby bum salve containing vaseline (usually avoid that), peanut oil, citrus oil, and zink oxide. I discovered that this salve is making the nails very strong, hard but still a bit flexible. You can try any fat cream or salve if you can't find this one.

I can only paint my nails in the weekends, because of hygiene instructions at work. But to get a polish that lasts longer than a weekend you can follow a few simple steps. 
Always start with a protecting basecoat. Glitter nail polish directly on to your nails aren't very good.
Then nailpolish in the amount you need.

This polish came with my monthly Glossybox. The brand is Models Own and sells many different colours. This one wasn't anything I would recommend though the quality of the polish itself is good. Those aluminium foil looking chips were few and had to be fished after in the bottle. To get a decent spread of flakes, I had to paint the nails 3 times. This polish can maybe be used over a warm toned nailpolish for funky effects.
Another item that came in the Glossybox was a sample and a deo spray of a new perfume line. Panos Emporio is a Swedish swimsuit designer that tries a new concept with perfumes. The sample (forgot the name) was a light perfume nothing extraordinary. But the Goldflower deo spray was a nice surprise. It's a powerful vanilla, orange, heavy flowery fragrance. As a typical Swede I'm usually not fond of the heavier perfumes, but this was really nice. Johan loved it as well, so I will definitely buy the eau de toilette. 

I think the Glossybox is a great way to try new beauty stuff that one never would try. 
During saturdays Earth hour we shared a bottle of Prosecco, an extra dry sparkling Italian wine. It tasted nice, dry but although nice. What we were celebrating? Our 5 year anniversary, my math exam and a few more private things :)
 I think Earth hour can be a good event for those who need to be enlightened (yeah funny) by how we influence our environment. All these latest abnormal weather fenomena is actually caused by us humans. The best you can do is to try to lower you electrical consumption and try avoid taking the car. 

12 kommentarer:

  1. Grattis på 5-årsdagen!
    Nu måste jag kolla upp vad Glossybox är.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Åh glömde skriva om det! Det måste jag rätta till, imorgon.

      Radera
    2. Åh glömde skriva om det! Det måste jag rätta till, imorgon.

      Radera
  2. Oh, tack för tipsen! Ska prova fila mina naglar så, då de också gör precis som du beskriver - får en liten flik i kanten som sedan blir större och större. Det räcker naglarna blir 1 mm "långa", så börjar de flika sig. Jäkla skit, haha.

    Antar att det gick bra på provet! ;)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Ah, thanks for the tip! We don't actually have the same products around here, but I might find something similar...your nails are really nice, even if they grow, I can never get them into a good shape...

    SvaraRadera
  4. Jättefina nageltips, tror jag ska testa med salvan.
    Jag biter tyvärr på mina naglar, mycket för att det är så mjuka...
    GRATTIS till ert 5-års jubileum!!! <3

    SvaraRadera
  5. You have great nails! I avoid vaseline as well for all the uses it has. Is pure petroleum.. :/ Liked the tips! I am not very good at doing my nails, most of the times i get bored (paint, wait, 2 days top that last, remove etc etc) so i don't bother to paint them at all. Even if i like them painted :P Oh and Panos Papadopoulos is behind that Panos Emporio haha he is Greek. It is good that people from Greece shine around the world, because here.. they would go in waste :/ Anyway, enough with my rambling, happy 5th anniversary, and to way more :D Wish you the best! And so very true about the Earth hour.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh yes, I know that he is from Greece. We have another few famous Greece people with great careers. Alexandra Pascalidou an excellent journalist and tv personality and Elena Paparizou a singer...

      Radera
  6. Happy Anniversary! I love the picture of the champagne bottle and glasses in the mellow glow of the candlelight!

    Your nails are very pretty. I keep mine short because amongst other things, I just can't type with long nails. They're quite brittle and dry at the moment, so they really need a little tender loving care.

    SvaraRadera
  7. Happy Anniversary to you and Johan, linnea-maria!

    I must try that trick of filing nails into a point. That's exactly where mine break, too ... at the sides.

    SvaraRadera
  8. Congratulations on your anniversary! And your nails look lovely by the way. :)

    SvaraRadera
  9. Ah, I have that Models Own varnish in pink. I actually really like it, but I would agree the sparkles are a bit sparse. I always find that with any glittery/flaky nail varnish though.

    SvaraRadera