Sidor

tisdag 3 februari 2015

Work and winter


First of all, I would like to show you a photo of my university were I study. This is in Karlstad 160 km from where I live. Thankfully I have a friend to stay with when I visit. This is the back entrance of the uni but I loved the contrast between the gloomy morninglight and the light from the buildings. I'm supposed to practice as a teacher at my own work this term, but I'm working as a professional already. 


Next photo is the view from my office window. You can see the bus stop, train tracks and the mist rising from the lake.



If I turn my head 90 degrees, this is the other view. Isn't this fantastic? I call it our Eagles nest and we are 5 teachers sharing office. I censure photos from the inside to keep you in false expectations of a clean and organised place. From this angle you can see the river that divide our town in half. The brown building on the other side is the theater and cultural center. The white building is actually where the other half of our schools reside. The old building with the tower is the senior elementary school were my two oldest kids are going. If you would be able to turn your head right you would see the shopping street. 



I've been working at the school for, wow, it's already 5 months!! I think the job is great so far. I really like to work with these young people, they give me lots of energy but sometimes makes me drained. It's a challenging work but it is so much more rewarding and useful than the other jobs I had. I work too much though and have very little sparetime, but that's a teachers life.

I have to show you the soap making laboration we had a few weeks ago. I wanted to show them how easy it is to work with chemistry at home and make something useful. The samples on the photo contains, orange, lavender, cacao, honey and tobacco.



Following photos was shot this weekend. Another half week is gone and it's still snowing...I have heard many complaining about the snow, but I love it! I even like to shovel it!


This is my tired, red nosed shoveling self. As you obviously can see and probably already know, I don't aspire to be a fashion blog.


 I have to shovel the bunnies pen's to prevent them from running away. 


Can you believe my Wilma has reached the decent age of 7,5 years? I have never own a bunny that old. She is in great condition too. 


 This is how my apple garden looks like for the moment. Lots of the fluffy white stuff covering it.


 There is just a little more than one week until we will have the Skii world championship in our town. That means that the schools are shutting down for two whole weeks (instead of one). I will work as a volonteer a few days, but I also hope to have som sparetime for once.

16 kommentarer:

  1. Roligt att läsa lite om ditt jobb...:)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Goodness that is a gorgeous view from your office window. How in the world are you supposed to get any work done :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. By sitting with my back facing the view. ;-)

      Radera
  3. You have so much snow! I love it too - everything always looks so beautiful. I think I might need a snow shovel like yours! LOL

    P.S. I'm so glad you love your new job. :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hm, are this shovel maybe a swedish invention? It is great for shoveling snowmasses.

      Radera
  4. Where I come from it hardly ever snows and when it does (once every 10 years), it's for a few minutes or so. Nonetheless, I get chilblains every single year - I don't think I could survive any temperature below zero.
    I am so glad you really like your new job - and the view from your office is amazing!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. The cold is a relative feeling. Dry frozen air is actually not feeling very cold, if you have lots of clothes.

      Radera
  5. What a view! I don`t normally like cityscapes but that is lovely, thanks for showing us.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks. I actually enjoy working in the middle of the town, lot more than I thought I would.

      Radera
  6. Wow, those bunnies must be used to the cold! Most australian bunnies have probably never even seen snow!

    The soaps look wonderful!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I believe that they like the cold dry air better than hot summers.

      Radera
  7. Your view is amazing, no wonder that you like this work so much! And I love all the snow you have, ours was very little this year and melted away in mere hours... <3

    SvaraRadera
  8. Oh my! It´s amazing to see what a huge quantity of snow you get over there! Your garden looks like Winterfell without a doubt. Isn´t it difficult to explore around in all that white blanket? We do have some snow in Bucharest, but as long as it is a big city, they always clean it all from roads and pavement, so wandering around is not that difficult. Also, I am curious about what is your current temperatures now.

    SvaraRadera
  9. Great views you have! Your lucky to have found such s rewarding job. :)

    SvaraRadera
  10. OMG! There is where all the snow went! I knew it :P That mist from the lake is magical! Such beautiful photos as always. Now, i dont know many things about bunnies, they can stay out in this weather/ so muchh snow? They look awesome, hope Wilma stays more years with you ^^

    SvaraRadera