Sidor

fredag 20 februari 2015

Jewellery organising

For a while a great deal of irritation has been launched every morning I wanted to choose a jewellery for my outfit. I ended up picking those laying on top and never using earrings because they are always scattered.
So this is a project that has been in progress for a long while. The towel holder was found at a flea market without a rod and no paint. The only thing I did was to paint it and carve a twig fitting the holes for the rod.
The bracelet stands are all handmade by myself. The bottom is a part of a mug holder. With glue, a drill and a screwdriver it was more easier than it look like. The padding under the fabric is glued on with hot glue. 
 I also made a little drawer from three Glossy boxes and their lids to store more jewellery. This is a great tutorial if you have those boxes (or three of another kind).
The necklace bust is made of a lamp foot and a bust made of plaster strips.
The little pink box on the right is a upcycled box from an electronics supplyer. It is wrapped in wallpaper and decorated with old clock gears and a small mounting. 
I will add boxes and a earring holder later. 

 Our town has changed and got a sudden world wide focus due to the World championships in skiing. It's the first time I'm visiting an event like this as I'm not very interested in watching sports. But wow, it was amazing so many happy people and all the yelling and waving flags. The photo below only shows a half of the audience. 
 Lots of people stood in the snow along the track as well. 

It's a big event around the championship as well with lots of sponsors showing their products. SAAB showed their warplane Gripen and Alfons tried the cockpit of it,(looks claustrophobic in my opinion).









With sturdy boots and skirts in layers you don't have to freeze. 



18 kommentarer:

  1. Snyggt ordnat för smyckena. Jag hade mina halsband på en vanlig knopphängare ett tag men den kom aldrig upp när vi flyttade hit...ca 12 år sedan ;) Nu har jag en ställning som jag fått av syrran. Men mycket ligger i olika lådor på olika ställen...dumt. Kram

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Ja det är ju det som är problemet att de ligger i lådor eller utspridda. Jag sprider runt smyckena också på olika ställen i huset så tyvärr har jag slarvat bort en massa.

      Radera
  2. That's a fantastic idea! I desperately need to sort through my jewellery and display them better. At the moment the majority of them are hidden away and hardly ever get worn.

    I love your boots! ♥

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. The hidden away thing is a huge problem for me as well. I thought it was better to display those who I like to wear.

      Radera
  3. Jag har rensat bland alla mina smycken, men en del tog jag tillbaka igen...för jag kom på att jag kunde måla dem med nagellack..! ;)
    Håller med om att det är viktigt att ha sina smycken förvarade på ett bra & organiserat vis!
    Gillar verkligen dina kjolar & kängor <3
    Ha en fin helg vännen!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Jag har jättesvårt att slänga. men idag hittade jag smycken som jag kände..nää inför.

      Radera
  4. Your jewelry organisation looks lovely! For me, this would be far too small because I have so much stuff! But the serene white looks so nice and plays off your precious-es...

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Let me tell you a secret...I have way too much more jewellery...My other drawer was overflowing. In this way I can use those things I forgot I had and those I like for the moment :-)

      Radera
  5. What a great way to organize jewellery! I love your skirt

    SvaraRadera
  6. I need to make a display bust like that to take to shows. Great idea to use a lamp base - I'm almost positive there's a few packed in the basement. Ha. How did you get the form to curve around the neck part?

    Squeee - I see a petticoat! :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I used a lamp base with a simple look as only the foot of it is showing. I used my dressform, wrapped in plastic when I made the necklace holder.

      Radera
    2. What a good idea - I never even thought of using the dressform as a base! Thanks, linnea-maria! :)

      Radera
  7. I have the same situation... The only functional jewelry holders I have are for necklaces. What in the world do you do about earrings? I have had those small mess stands but I end up knocking them over.

    The necklace bust... Amazing!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Earring holder are a work in progress. I'm thinking of using a frame, put a card in it and make holes in the card for the earrings.

      Radera
  8. I love your skirts and the necklace rack is a great idea! I currently have most of mine hanging from a loop of ribbon on the shelf, it's easier than looking in my jewellery box and they get less tangled, I think you can see in one of my earlier blog posts.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. That's also a great ideá and easier to achieve :-)

      Radera
  9. Your jewellery organization is just beautiful, and has so inspired me! I am always struggling to make my display look nice and not cluttered. This is perfect!

    SvaraRadera
  10. Vilka vackra kjolar! Jag är också helt ointresserad av sport.

    Vilken trevlig laboration ni hade. Jag hade älskat om någon lärare gjort något liknande när jag gick i skolan.

    SvaraRadera