Sidor

fredag 12 oktober 2012

Haunted house, simple tutorial

 Inspite of my sickness, we continue to prepare for a Halloween party for the kids. Johan is working hard on special effects while I just lazing around. I've been sleeping a whole week now, insanely tired. Anyway, I achieved to finish one decoration for halloween. A haunted house, that took me a month, even if it's simple.
If you want to make one yourself; make a sketch first to imagine how it will look like and dont make it too difficult for yourself ;).
Gather all the material for example cardboard for the walls, paper rolls for towers, a lighter foldable paper, exacto knife and all sorts of crafty glues.
Cut out the walls and windows with the exacto knife.
You can see I used a lego box for this purpose.
Cut paper straps and glue them. Glue together the walls with the paper straps, or you can use tape. But it is important to do the walls first.
Then measure carefully to get a fitting roof.
You can see I used well for the roof. As trimming around windows and doors, I used a sturdy paper. The roof is glued at place with hot glue.
Looks like a gingerbread house now. The walls are not straight but that's on purpose.
 At last I spray painted the whole house with matte black colour. The door and windows are closed with orange tissuepaper. A nice effect is to place a led light inside of it. I will place a flickering LED candle inside.
 This is the last flower in my garden, a huge sunflower. I had to stretch my arms as long as I could to capture it with my camera. 
Wish you all a lovely weekend. I will continue to rest and hopefully I will be able to stay at home another week.

18 kommentarer:

  1. it so awesome - you are very talented, dear... <3

    SvaraRadera
  2. Skitsnyggt! Den måste jag prova att göra någon gång. :D

    SvaraRadera
  3. Snyggt hus! Jag kan varken mäta eller skära rakt så....:)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Det kallas linjal det verktyg man använder om man vill göra något rakt ;) Det här är inte heller särskilt rakt det har jag maskerat med "knutarna" på huset och färg :)

      Radera
  4. Very cute, so professional looking! I hope you will post pics of the party!

    SvaraRadera
  5. Very adorable! You are so creative. Projects like this are therapeutic, I think, so keep them up! Stay focused on family and fun. Wishing you all the best!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Indeed I beleive I need everything whimsical right now and nothing serious. It's like learning to play again.

      Radera
  6. Fabulous! The detail is amazing. Allow yourself to rest, and congratulate yourself on every accomplishment. You deserve it. :)

    SvaraRadera
  7. SÅ snyggt hus, ser så proffsigt ut!
    Hoppas att du snart mår bättre & känner dig piggare.
    KRAM, Jenny

    SvaraRadera
  8. Vilket awesome hus :D ska definitivt spara denna idé!

    SvaraRadera
  9. Did you come up with this house idea on your own or did you find it somewhere else? Either way you did a wonderful job on it! And yes, it does look like a gingerbread house before you spray painted it. So... maybe make another one for Christmas time? :)

    I hope the rest does you well!

    SvaraRadera
  10. Ni brukar vara så duktiga att hitta på roliga saker till halloweenfesten. Kom ihåg att ni gjorde förra året också några jätte roliga saker.
    Ha en skön kväll.
    Kram gerda

    SvaraRadera
  11. Wow! This is great - I've made a mental note to try it. :)

    SvaraRadera
  12. I am going to make this. Thank you.

    SvaraRadera