Sidor

tisdag 30 oktober 2012

Home decorated for Halloween

 Every year, the house is transformated in the end of october for our annual Halloween party. Some things are repeats from earlier years, if you want to see them, click the Halloween tag on the sidebar or the end of this post. 
We bought two sculls on a aquarium store, one is displayed under a glass bell at the hallway table, a little led-candle lights it up from the inside.
The zinc cones that always hangs in the kitchen are embellished with black paper strips and fake mini pumpkins. The dark figure sitting on the shelf in the corner is a dark sow. A local folk tale entity that lurks in the shadows.

The old hallway was cleaned from exercise bike and clothes hangers and was furnished with a corner for spells and prophecies.

Some pictures of the Ghastlies and the haunted house with black bottle brush trees.

An improvement from last year in the livingroom. The white piedistal is changed to a black dito. 

The mossy twigs got some black decorations and a black bow around the neck of the jar.


This is how our home will look the rest of november. In Johans opinion it should look like this all the year around :)
I will return later with pictures of some Halloween treats.

14 kommentarer:

  1. Vad mycket fint halloweenpynt! Jag håller med Johan om att det borde se ut så året runt xD

    SvaraRadera
  2. I love your skull display! Everything in your decoration looks so sophisticated, liek something from a catalogue. You really have such a hand for details!

    Btw, I wanted to say "Tack så mycket" for the pretty flower pin once again. You have no idea how much you cheared up my day! Thanks!!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Danke!! Then I will be glad that it arrived this day even if it was very late.

      Radera
  3. I like that dark sow ... maybe you'll share the folk tale with us one day (or maybe you already have, and I've missed it!) Your Ghastly Portraits look amazing, as does the whole house. You have very clever ideas - I really like the mossy twigs!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yeah I also have very little information about it. Only that they used to scare the children with tales about the dark sow. My sister is collecting them and has a whole row in different heights on a shelf under the ceiling. I will do some research and make a post about it.
      The mossy twigs is exactly how our hedge around the garden looks like, completely messy. It sure adds some spookiness to this place :)

      Radera
  4. You are definitely one of my favorite decorators. Everything you do is filled with class and sophistication. Skulls can often look silly when used in the home, but your display is magnificent!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your credit, because I think your style is beautiful. I would like to renovate all the rooms in our house, paint the ceilings, walls and rip of the carpets. There's just some lack of energy right now.

      Radera
  5. Jättefint dekorerat!!!

    KRAM, Jenny

    SvaraRadera
  6. I LOVE your house and your decorations!! And I just got your letter, will answer probably next week, if not sooner.

    Happy Halloween!!
    Lucretia

    SvaraRadera
  7. Your home is so beautiful!

    SvaraRadera
  8. I love the decor! It looks so splendid! I especially love the twigs and ribbon! Also, your house is very nice looking, even without it! I love your fireplace! And you have such nice chairs!

    SvaraRadera
  9. Your decorations are really wonderful- I love the skull in the bell jar and the bats flying across the wall!

    SvaraRadera