Sidor

fredag 19 oktober 2012

The Ghastlies

In a healing process it's very important to do silly things, if you definitely must do something. So I picked up all the glitter, glue, beads, flowers and cardboard to work with the Ghastlies Gallery.
It's a lovely printed cotton fabric from Alexander Henry. 
Mathilde Ghastlie, the matriarch

Gunnar Grislie, Mathilde's father

Sebastiean Ghastlie, son of Mathilde and Gaspar

The widow Ghastlie, Gaspars beloved mother

Daria Ghastlie, Sebastian's errant wife

Garrick Ghastlie, second son of Mathilde and Gasper

Mildred, Magda and Minerva Grislie, Mathilde's sisters.

Gaspar Ghastlie, devoted husband and Cordelia and Cassius Ghastlie, the twins of Sebastian and Daria.

I will add these pictures to our Halloween decoration for this year. I have yards of the other prints in this serie and will sew some cusion covers of them. On monday I will start working again, half time. The medicine have started to work and I feel ok but I'm still very tired. 
I laughed when I read the poste were I was talking about walks in the forest and garden work. Silly me didn't realize I was going to sleep for a couple of weeks.

11 kommentarer:

  1. Oh my gosh, they look fabulous! That was an excellent idea to make little portraits out of it! I love the green colour - very sickly-looking, isn't it? I just got my Poe fabric today, and now I must see if I can find some of this, as well! Glad to hear you're starting to feel a bit better. ❤

    SvaraRadera
  2. Reminds me a bit of Edward Gorey's work. Great addition to a Halloween party!

    SvaraRadera
  3. I love the idea of making them as prints! And the fabric sounds great, too!I need some of that! And the Poe fabric!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Vilket fantastiskt tyg! Jag älskar hans tyger,
    men detta har jag helt missat..!

    Roligt att höra att du mår bättre,
    hoppas att du känner dig piggare snart!

    KRAM & trevlig helg, Jenny

    SvaraRadera
  5. Wonderful! They also remind me of Edward Gorey. I've really being enjoying your blog lately, more than usual. I love the Halloween and Autumn, perfect time of the year.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks :) Then you might enjoy my last year's halloween posts as well ;).

      Radera
  6. I love the idea! I never thought about using those portraits on fabric for real portraits... I wish I could celebrate halloween at your place, it looks ike your decoration is awesome!

    SvaraRadera
  7. I ADORE the Ghastlies! I have all the fabric too! I love what you did with the Ghastlie Galllery picture frames! Fabulous job! :)

    So sorry to hear that you have been unwell. I hope you'll be feeling better very soon! ❤

    SvaraRadera
  8. Snyggt! Och roligt att du ville pyssla lite. *kramar*

    SvaraRadera
  9. Vilket häftigt tyg! Har aldrig sett något liknande... Var hittar man sådant?
    Kram
    Marie

    SvaraRadera
  10. These are fantastic! Love love love!!

    SvaraRadera