Sidor

torsdag 7 augusti 2014

Etsy shopping tip and an update on the fire

 I will recommend you Ali's etsy shop for you who love things both creepy and cute. I ordered a few items and the quality is excellent and the shipping is fast. I bought a stuffed felt bone pin brooch, wich I promised my eldest to wear at a school meeting, tehe. -No, you wont!! he said. I also bought a coffin shaped purse adorned with a scull bead at the zipper, perfect size for make up, glasses etc and an illustrated novel. It's a lovely story that reveals the secret of the pigeons of Glasgow (ok, when I say lovely it's often including some kind of horror). She also sells beautiful prints of her illustrations. Here's a link to her blog.
Well I was maybe bit nuts. But me and the boys went to my birthtown to visit parents and siblings a couple of days. The small town lies in the wind direction from the forest fire not far away. This is how the street looks, covered in smoke. We had to stay indoors and with no conditioner it gets very hot and humid. It felt like a ghost town, not a sound was heard when I stepped out of the car. I met my bf's mother at the pizzeria and she was very stressed. They had packed to be ready to escape (she lives in that area) but for the moment she helped my friend to set up fences for sheeps from the fire area.
One man has died. Over a thousand has fled their homes head over heels along with cattle and pets, and buildings has been burned down not knowing how many yet. We had to wait almost a week before the water bombing planes arrived from Italy and France to help to quench the fire. The progress is finally better.
Today is Johans birthday and I beleive I have to do something about it, clean the house and fix a birthday gift. Bye

18 kommentarer:

  1. Such tragic happenings. I'm glad you're all safe, but being surrounded by smoke must be bloody awful!

    I'm going for a peek at the Etsy shop.

    SvaraRadera
  2. That is terrible news! I'm glad that you're all okay and happy birthday from me :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. That sounds horrible, but I am glad you are safe. That purse looks lovely.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Det ser så hemskt ut. Jag läste i ridningen att de minskat storleken på elden, så det måste ju vara över snart. :/
    Jättesöt liten väska. ;) Klart du ska använda broschen! Säger någon nej så är det ännu en anledning att bära den, hihi! <3

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Ja herre jösses. Är man tonårsmorsa så är man ju såå pinsam. Det värsta är ju att han är så j-la preppy!!

      Radera
  5. Oh my gosh that looks awful being so near to a forest fire. In happier news though those are the cutest little Etsy treats!

    SvaraRadera
  6. Wow! California gets tons of wild fires every year, and it's some scary stuff. Stay sfe, dear friend!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I was safe, but I have relatives who had to flee and their forest burned down.

      Radera
  7. What darling goodies! I'm going to check out that Etsy shop. :-)

    Sending much sympathy and good luck to all those in or near the fires. We have that problem in California every year; a week or two ago we had over 12 wildfires burning here at once. Fortunately we don't have to wait for planes from other countries to bomb them with water, as we have our own.

    SvaraRadera
  8. Such a cute coffin purse! And that sounds scary. I have an Uncle who lives in California; my family always worries when we hear of wildfires there, they can be devastating.

    SvaraRadera
  9. It is that time of year for fires, isn't it? We had a bad one not far from here in Banff, and the air quality was poor but not so bad that we had to stay indoors. I hope they get your situation under control soon, and I hope your family and friends will be safe.

    Happy birthday to Johan!

    SvaraRadera
  10. Cute cute stuff! Glad you are all ok!

    SvaraRadera
  11. Det är så läskigt med branden, vi känner brandlukten även här. Jag har varit mycket i de trakterna och kan se bilder på näthinnan och undrar ju förstås hur det är...
    Kram,
    Regina

    SvaraRadera
  12. Vi har följt brandutvecklingen på nyheterna och jag har hela tiden tänkt på dig. Det är skönt att höra att ni inte är direkt drabbade, och jag hoppas att de får ordning på det hela snart.
    Kram

    SvaraRadera
  13. Hey, I tried to leave a comment here the other day, but I don't think it worked. I meant to just say I'm glad you guys are ok. The fire sounds awful and I can see why your bf's mum was so stressed.

    Thanks for the lovely comments about the etsy items you bought too. I'm so glad you liked them! I'm laughing at the idea of you threatening to wear the bone brooch to a school meeting! :P x

    SvaraRadera
  14. I live in California, which catches fire with some regularity. I highly recommend washing everything washable (bedding, curtains, pets) once the fire is out, and changing the filters on any air-moving devices you may have. Wash out your sinuses with a neti pot. You never know what was burning in that fire, and you don't want that crap lingering in your habitat.

    SvaraRadera
  15. Happy Belated Birthday to Johan!

    I'm sorry to hear about the fires. Terrible! :(

    SvaraRadera