Sidor

torsdag 16 juli 2015

Spooky box and a garden visit

Today I'm going to write about a very inspirational garden visit and a purchase I made from Spooky box club... First the box. The idea of UK based Spooky box club is that you get one box every month filled with different kinds of knick knacks. It is always gothically inclined but each month have a different theme. A part of the fee goes to a chosen aid organization.

I choosed not to subscribe but to buy one of the older boxes. One reason is that I buy one that I like ( you can find box openings on youtube) and that I don't have enough money to spend every month (have a family to run for godness sake!). 
Soo..the box I chosed was the January, Bat in a box one. I really liked it and it is well worth it's money. 

First and foremost I got this lovely and sturdy bag with batprint. The quality is very good and I finally have a good looking bag to carry my chromebook and books in for work;  here comes the Gothic teacher!
Another nice thing I used right away was this lovely moon pendant. 

I can't resist neatly package, like purple tissuepaper, black grossgrain ribbon, striped paper bags and cute saché bags for jewelery. I reuse them for crafting.
Top photo shows a spooky box club sticker, wall stickers with bats (oohhh, love it), a bat badge and an awesome bat broch (click the photo for better view).

The package also contained a banner with cool text, graveyard and bat stickers that fits perfectly for the nails ( amazing!) and a lollipop. 
I can highly recommend Spooky box club.

I went for a garden trip with a dear friend of mine last week. We went to Hildasholm in Leksand wich is an hour away.  The house and garden belonged to the private doctor of queen Victoria (same period as brittish king Edward) or rather his wife. The house and garden is a mix of neo renaissance, England and Italian gardens. 
We bought a house tour were the guide talked about the wealthy life of that times celebrities; wich was quite boring because the seemed to have too much time to spend on leisure.

The garden on the other hand is very interesting because it's smacked with topiary for northern climate. Very inspirational. I would love to try to cut a fir tree like the ones in the photo above.
The garden has many "rooms" and paths and hidden corners.
 It has also lots of statues. Don't blink!!
I found a drain pipe formed as a dragon with bat ears, that was so neat.
The garden stretches out in a djungle like canyon, were fallen trees were cut to sculptures. 
 So Swedish readers are recommended to visit the garden, but maybe not the house. They sell baskets with lovely fika (coffe and buiscits) that you can bring and sit werever you want eat. 

23 kommentarer:

  1. I love everything about the garden. Love the photos you took, too;-)
    The guys over at the Spooky Box Club sure take their packaging seriously...

    SvaraRadera
  2. Älskar stupröret! Men tyckte det såg fixat ut nu, har för mig att på min bild är den mycket skabbigare :) Vet du om skulpturerna är nya? Dom har jag inte sett....

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Jag var där när det var nästan nyöppnat och då var trädgården skabbigare ja. Det kan nog stämma att de är nya. Vid ett uthus så hittade jag en urna i marmor som var helt söndervittrad.

      Radera
    2. Ja, pionerna är sena i år....kollade på bloggen från förra året ;)

      Radera
  3. Fina saker i den där lådan, jag älskar fladdermöss <3

    Vacker trädgård ni besökt, statyn med ängeln påminner lite
    om den jag själv har här hemma..!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Ja, jag kommer definitivt att beställa fler :-D

      Radera
  4. That spooky box club sounds really awesome!

    SvaraRadera
  5. Beautiful gardens, and your pictures are gorgeous as always!

    I confess I went over to Spooky Box after I saw your FB post, but I too decided I can't risk spending money on a box every month when I might not like everything in it. Smart choice to buy an old one - I really like that bag! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yep, looking forward to buying more of those old boxes :-).

      Radera
  6. That Spooky Bat Box is so cute! Love the bag! The house and garden pics are gorgeous. I'm a fan of topiary! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I also have become a topiary fan. I invested in an battery driven scissor for my hedge that surrounds the garden. The positive thing with topiary is that you get shrubs and trees with a limited area.

      Radera
  7. What a garden! So elegant and interesting. Lovely photos.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes it is. Actually not many gardens look like this in Sweden. Common people use to have big lawns with one tree in a corner.

      Radera
  8. I should definitively buy that box as well, both necklace and bag are simply amazing!

    SvaraRadera
  9. Lovely bag! Subscriptions are always so much extra for Aussies though!

    I want that garden to write in!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Is it the postal fee that is the extra cost? I wish it was cheaper to ship things around..

      Radera
  10. That garden looks perfect, and I do love the sound of the box, your bag is gorgeous!

    SvaraRadera
  11. Åh älskar printet på väskan!

    Vilken fin trädgård, Leksand ligger ju inte alltför långt bort härifrån heller. ^^

    SvaraRadera
  12. The garden looks lovely. I think it would work well here to in Canada because of the cold climate.
    I've watched unboxings of Spooky box club in YouTube and it looks like a great idea.

    SvaraRadera