Sidor

måndag 7 januari 2019

Welcome to my lady cave

I know that this is a problem of luxury. But a door to close, to shut out noises and demands for attention it is luxury. 
I had a studio/craft room in the basement for several years, it was impossible to work there because it was too cold in the winter and during the summer, I had other things do do outdoors.
My work space was my desk in the middle of the house, in the hallway. 
Noises from the kitchen, the tv and the sofa behind my back and the path to the stairway passing me. No escape from noises while building my lessons for my classes, grading papers and completing my own university studies. It was hard, but I made it, with some melt downs and throwing books. Never the less, I made it...patting ones shoulder.

During this years, my oldest moved out to live with his father, full time. Johan grabbed that room for his own. It was necessary because I didn't enjoy finding small copper wire clippings in the bedroom, among other things.
Johans oldest, started to live more and more with her mother and the last year, her room stood unused. We politely asked her, if she really needed her room or if I could use it. So I finally got an opportunity to get my own room for work.

I really liked the white and beige walls and only had to paint over some spots, for refreshing. I carefully planned how to furnish it with my consisting desks and tables. 
When I tried one desk, i realized that I have to repaint all the furnitures after all these years of use.

 I actually fitted 3 desks, 1 table, 1 book shelf , 3 drawers and an armchair in this little room.
The desk with the white chair, is my crafting station. The desk with the computor is my working desk. This desk is a lovely 40's piece in birch wood but had to paint it because the colour of the glaze had turned it piss-yellow. The door leads to an attic closet. The pink table is my sewing station.
In the other corner sits another desk, were I will have my jewellery and metal work station. The drawer holds lots of hoarded craft supplies and junk. Thanks to all the drawers, I can keep the room tidy and not too cluttered. I also have a comfortable 40's arm chair for myself or visitors. My sewing dummy is embellished with bat wings. I have a full size mirror because I have moved my entire wardrobe to the other attic closet.
The photo above shows my sewing station.
The closet is not big and the ceiling is low, but it is enough for me.
I can finally store all my clothes, jewellery and shoes in one place. This makes it so much easier to plan and pick new outfits.
If you know me well, you already know that I'm a collector of vintage stuff. I haven't been wearing or buying vintage for a long time, but I also haven't got rid of my old things. The photo above shows the boxes with safely packed vintage clothes, and the shelves with hats, handbags and other things. 
The black and white photo is from my youth, when  me and my friends wen't to rockabilly events.

The clothes has been monocrome black for too many years now. Before I turned black again (I dressed in black in my teenage years), I always dressed in vibrant colours, like a peacock. I never had any special style but liked to dress up and mix styles. I still like black clothes, but I have to promised myself to not dress in black just because it's comfortable.

I love this room. I spend a lot of time here and I can finally find the peace to work and get the progress and pace I need to hold.
I love that it reflects who I am and what I like to do.

8 kommentarer:

  1. This looks so airy and bright! I'd love to have such a nice studio... Currently my "studio" is in the entry hallway and sometimes I'm just so annoyed by all the fuzz around me. But at least I can leave my sewing machines were they are - I'd hate to get them out everytime!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It sounds like the way I was having my workspace before I got this room. I hope you will get a quiet place to hide and create soon

      Radera
  2. Wow! That window lets in such gorgeous light. Which way does it face? My office window faces the west; as a result, I get the most golden afternoon light. I really like the beige and white together -- it's very natural and unfussy. Congratulations on getting a room for your thoughts and creation.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It faces south with a nice view over the meadow and forest. Thank you <3

      Radera
  3. I love your Lady Cave! The two-tone color with white trim is nice. I would have kept that too.

    SvaraRadera
  4. It's a very cute personal space the colours have a lovely vintage vibe. I really need to get my craft room organized.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Men det där blev ju kanonbra! Allt som du gillar på samma ställe :)

    SvaraRadera
  6. This post is very nice and amazing. Please, continued to write same wonderful post.

    SvaraRadera